Instructions: Decide which preposition is missing. In some cases, no preposition is needed.
1. Do you know how long it would be to travel from London to Brighton ____ train?
2. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t discuss ____ politics at the dinner table.
3. A worryingly high percentage of incoming college freshmen will never graduate ____ college.
4. Our customers tend to get frustrated if we don’t respond ____ their requests right away.
5. You two look like twins. I can’t believe you’re not related ____ each other.
6. Some people prefer to go out for a drink instead of going ____ home right after work.
7. After getting over an illness, your diet should consist ____ mostly bland food.
8. Many people feel that all other types of ketchup are inferior ____ Heinz.
9. Professor McGillicuddy was surprised by my writing skills. He said he didn’t know I was capable ____ such high quality work.
10. Should we be worried ____ layoffs?
11. In your culture, do people take off their shoes before entering ____ the house?
12. Some criminals walk free despite ____ an overwhelming amount of evidence against them.
13. Dan had a house in this neighborhood when he was still married ____ his first wife.
14. My aunt was telling us how she thinks social media is responsible ____ society’s decline.
15. I’ve never been ____ Venice, but I’d absolutely love to.
16. How long have you been waiting ____ your package to arrive?
17. Sandra says she had to fill ____ dozens of forms when she applied for residency here.
18. If you have a migraine, perhaps you shouldn’t sit near ____ the window. It’s really bright out.
19. A surprisingly large number of people get addicted ____ Facebook games.
20. I studied Spanish ____ four years in high school, but I didn’t really learn much.
21. Melanie had amassed a small fortune, but she never bragged ____ her money or her success.
22. The meal was accompanied ____ a fine French wine.
23. Some visitors to the United States find it strange that store clerks smile ____ their customers.
24. Have you ever accidentally walked out of a store without paying ____ something?
25. I think I did well on the test. I had the same answers ____ Gustavo, and he always gets good grades.
For more practice, see the Practice Exercise section of the site.