Here are 25 preposition collocations you should know. Test yourself and see which collocations you know, and which ones you still need to practice.
Also try Preposition Collocations 1, Preposition Collocations 3, and Preposition Collocations 4.
Instructions: For each number, decide which preposition is missing from the collocation.
1. Are you content ____ your apartment?
2. If you enjoy our videos, please subscribe ____ our YouTube channel.
3. If you diet consists ____ fast food and microwaveable dinners, your immune system will suffer.
4. President Obama succeeded ____ passing the Affordable Care Act.
5. This article is completely devoid ____ factual information.
6. Los Angeles is notorious ____ its horrendous traffic.
7. Some countries have laws that prohibit advertisers ____ directly mentioning their competitors.
8. Do you know how to legally dispose ____ old laptop batteries?
9. One of our employees was accused ____ lying on his resume.
10. All of our representatives are committed ____ offering unparalleled customer service.
11. Ann Rule is famous ____ her true crime novels.
12. What high school student isn’t addicted ____ social media?
13. Karla is anxious ____ giving her first presentation in English.
14. It was difficult to separate our dog ____ her puppies.
15. Our school principal was dismissed ____ his position after accusations that he helped students cheat on standardized tests.
16. It’s unhealthy to mostly focus ____ the negative things in your life.
17. Our team is composed ____ experienced tutors.
18. Our CEO didn’t say that layoffs were coming, but I think we can infer ____ her comments that people are going to lose their jobs.
19. I’m fed up ____ all this cold weather. When is it going to get warm?
20. This memorial is dedicated ____ all the soldiers who lost their lives serving their country.
21. Some people think we shouldn’t be so dependent ____ foreign imports.
22. Spirit Airlines appeals ____ budget-minded travelers.
23. Paul is always bragging ____ his children’s achievements.
24. Some of my students could benefit ____ additional tutoring.
25. Maria was delighted ____ the gifts we gave her for Mother’s Day.
For more practice, see the Practice Exercise section of the site.