This exercise goes with this article. Read the article, and then try the practice exercise below.
Instructions: Complete the collocation with a form of do, play, go, or practice. In some cases, more than one answer is possible.
1. I have so much more energy now that I started ____ yoga in the mornings.
2. Kate ____ jogging with some of her friends after work.
3. Brett has a daughter who ____ gymnastics. She’s an exceptional athlete.
4. ____ martial arts will teach you self-discipline.
5. We’re all going to ____ soccer today after work. Are you in?
6. Is it true that you aren’t supposed to ____ swimming for an hour after you eat?
7. Karen ____ volleyball twice a week with some friends from college.
8. Did you ____ any sports in high school?
9. If you want to ____ bowling this weekend, let me know.
10. ____ ballet will greatly improve your flexibility.
For more practice, see the Practice Exercise section of the site.